* i declared myself king of the eastside
* 4square that bitch
no slumber party” —100
But everythang is still the same in my neighborhood
Niggas frown when you up and smile when you down
And when you change for the betta shife fools stop comin around
I see the jealousy and hatin in the wicked ways
We all lost children, praising paper, smoking our lives away
Got to the point where I could not decipher day from night
She say she love me but all we do now is fuckin’ fight
My conscience fuck with me so much that I can’t eat or sleep
The other side is sellin dope and out there runnin the streets
And even though I’m gaining street fame coming from this rap game
Lustful thinkin and compulsive drinkin is a normal thang
Some get erased and misplaced tryin to win the race
Some try to hold on to their place by smoking with lace
But see drugs and plastic thugs ain’t gone change the hood
I’m smokin skunk and poppin the trunk to make me feel good” —Pimp C - Diamonds & Wood
my favorite verse ever
from my favorite album ever
first time i heard it was the spring of 2005
my best friend got locked up for a year
my girlfriend at the time left me in that same week
another girl claimed that she was preggers by me ( i dont have any kids)
i was out there selling them lil whatevers whatevers
and i had this album on repeat the whole time
this album plus jeezy’s tm 101 were the soundtrack to my life that year
thank god everything turned out fine
but quite frankly i couldnt care less
i got over that point of being tired ,unappreciated and ignored
idgaf anymore i held myself back for far too long
im in my own lane i dont have no peers in this lane
its my lane its Cain’s lane at that and im not coasting in it but im driving
idgaf about no art school heaux niggas , no faux fur wearing 9 $ laté drinking ass bitches
no 80%joke 20%coke selling ass niggas no blogging ass bloggers or vlogging ass vloggers
” you aint ordinary bruh” and fuck your opinion at that
i wanna thank my supporting cast of friends and family for holding me down all these years.
It just hit me about an hour ago i can do whatever i want to do.
And this aint no new age secret type shit either nah really
you can do whatever you want to do and with the right amount of repetition and perseverance you will succeed.
it aint easy but its simple , simple as fuck at that.
on some none pretentious shit yooo to everybody out trying to be something dont try just be that nigga
all i see around me is potential and success thats what i attracted in my life
yet i flirted with it now ima engage the bitch and have some fun with it” —Aime Fucking Cain
* there’s no chill for the wild in 2012
every time that sample drops mannnn my face turns sour and depending on if im standing or sitting
i always tend to lean back a little and zone out for 3 minutes and 6 seconds
thank you P and ALC” —1000
* i once called myself unjustly ” the emperor of crates”
* yeah i got a couple of mean crates with vinyl at the crib but its whatever
* today whitney houston died and it made me think bout this one time
i went out digging at this thrift store with a ex and her friend.
once there i seen whitney’s first lp and i bought and once home i kept playing that ”’saving all my love ” joint .
* now when couples break up belongings get lost in the shuffle , in this particular shuffle i lost a couple of a+ lp’s and a couple of killer magazines.
* chance of getting them back ? zero to none
* the first time i kicked it with my dawg @eightythrilla in 07 after mailing music to each other since 05 we went out crate digging.
* we copped 2 or 3 records but i had the ingenious idea of taking pictures of the vinyl covers to download em later on p2p filesharing program.
* those were the days to me everybody in our direct circle collected vinyl records and used them for multiple purposes .
* tween thrilla and i we mainly used the vinyl’s to sample the shit out of em and create beats for the likes of Co$$ and Blu or Me
* speaking of which 2007 was one of the best years of my life , sans the all over print hoodies
street wear was kinda popping and on the rise , each music release was straight killer . Heaux were way friendlier , i had a total of 14 weeks of vacation that year plus i made a major vinyl come up that year a cool 400 records in aruba ( all soul and funk ).
* lowkey it was one of those coming of age years , with some very high peaks and some very steep lows
* fuck around hold up 07 stibbs and the other homies started moovmnt.com all inspired by my old blogspot ( which i wont link due to excessive simping and pimping ) but thats a whole nother story
* vinyl been good to me